The 2021/22 Brisbane & Regional Handy Guides are available to order now. Due to COVID-19 restrictions please expect delivery delays. Free downloads are also available.
On this page you’ll find information about our Handy Guides for Homeless Women in Brisbane and Regional Queensland. If you’re looking to order copies of the Handy Guide for Older Women click here.
The Handy Guide for Homeless Women has been developed to provide support services for women who are without shelter or at risk of becoming homeless. It provides details for vital services including:
- Emergency phone numbers
- Accommodation such as emergency accommodation, short and long-term accommodation units and housing services
- Food and welfare such as food vans, kitchens, laundry, showers, and Centrelink
- Support centres such as Drop-in Centres, Community Centres, and Assessment and Referral Services
- Health services such as emergency choices, street doctors, and specialty services
- Legal assistance for tenancy/housing problems, victims of crime, Centrelink and more
- Community and specialist services for domestic violence support, family support and immigration support
- Facilities such as public libraries, lockers, free transport and toilets
The Handy Guide for Homeless Women in Brisbane
(including Ipswich, Logan and the Redlands)
Is updated annually in print, with online updates through the year. The homelessness service directory for Brisbane was started by The Lady Musgrave Trust in 2009 and is now is the most highly regarded directory of its kind for women in need in the Brisbane area. The Handy Guide is used by women in need, governments, private and not-for-profit organisations right across the city. The Handy Guide is available in three ways:
The latest version of The Guide is available online, where it is updated every few months (see the version number printed on the cover and inside pages). Where possible all weblinks work, opening a new window to the service provider.
Single copies for women in need or multiple copies for service providers can be ordered here. Each year over 12,000 copies of this A5 hardcopy booklet are printed and distributed free for the recipient, thanks to the supporters of The Lady Musgrave Trust. Click here to order your hard copy/s.
The Handy Guide for Homeless Women in Regional Queensland
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast
- Toowoomba & The Darling Downs
- Ayr / Bowen / Whitsunday
- Fraser Coast (Hervey Bay / Maryborough)
- Maranoa & South West QLD
- Mount Isa, Longreach & Central West
- Cape York
- Torres Strait
The latest version of The Guide for Regional Queensland is available online, where it is updated semi-annually (see the version number printed on the cover and inside pages). Where possible all weblinks work, opening a new window to the service provider.
Single copies for women in need or multiple copies for service providers can be ordered here. Each two years over 8,000 copies of this A5 hardcopy booklet are printed and distributed free for the recipient, thanks to the supporters of The Lady Musgrave Trust. Click here to order your hard copy/s.
INFORMATION FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS
The Lady Musgrave Trust regularly updates the versions of the Handy Guide and will update the mobile website accordingly. To add your service or make changes to the existing information in The Handy Guide print version and mobile website, please fill out the online form. If you have any difficulties, please email the LMT Office or call (07) 3077 6760.QUICK EXIT