Handy Guide for Homeless Women has been developed to provide support
services for women who are without shelter or at risk of becoming
homeless. It provides details for vital services including:
- Emergency Phone Numbers
- Accommodation such as drop-in support centres, accommodation units and housing services
- Food and welfare such as food vans, kitchens and Centrelink
- Health services such as hospitals, street doctors, and community health centres
- Legal assistance for tenancy/housing problems, and victims of crime
- Community and specialist services for domestic violence support, family support and immigration support
- Facilities such as public libraries, lockers, free transport and toilets
The Handy Guide is available in three ways:
- The Handy Guide Mobile Website
Mobile Website provides essential services information on an
interactive map for easy convenience.
- The Handy Guide for Homeless Women in Brisbane (Hard copy)
homelessness service directory for Brisbane was started by The Lady
Musgrave Trust in 2009 and is now is the most highly regarded directory
of its kind for women in need in the Brisbane area. The Handy Guide is
used by women in need, governments, private and not-for-profit
organisations right across the city,
The Handy Guide for Brisbane is available in PDF form on line, click here
The Handy Guide for Brisbane can also be ordered in A5 hardcopy by clicking here.
- The Handy Guide for Homeless Women in Regional Queensland (Hardcopy)
Handy Guide for Regional Queensland is currently in development and due
for completion in April 2017. The Handy Guide will cover services in
key centres across all major centres in Queensland such as Cairns,
Townsville, Gold Coast, Ipswich, etc.
Lady Musgrave Trust regularly updates the versions of the Handy Guide
and will update the mobile website accordingly. To add your service or
make changes to the existing information in The Handy Guide print
version and mobile website, please fill out the online form in The Handy
Guide Mobile Website If you have any difficulties, please email the LMT Office or call (07) 3077 6760.
INFORMATION FOR SERVICE PROVIDERS